Tuesday, April 5, 2011

To friendship

I have never had the friends I have now until I went to high school and I know that I will not find friends exactly like them in university. HOWEVER, I do plan to have friends...and real friends in university not just close acquaintances. Friends, I love you guys, you teach me so much and help me understand things that may be just out of grasp but...the world doesn't end with you guys and I hope that I have the emotional capacity to become just as good of friends with new people. You see, I believe in the human race. I believe that everyone has a story and that I can learn something from that story. It saddens me to think that others give up finding friends because they are content with the friendships they hold. It also saddens me when one gives up trying to find friends because they think they have all that they need already. You may have met the best friend you never had in that last class but you were uninterested to look sideways and comment about his/her awesome shoes. You just don't know who you can meet and the impact that they can have upon your life. 4 years ago, I sat in an assigned seat next to two girls I had never spoken with before. One of them became my best friend and now that I look back at it, I wonder what who would I have been if my science teacher hadn't assigned me a seat next to her's. This thought is a cold and dark thought that I don't want to think about because I can't imagine myself with out her in my life the past 4 years. This thought is also the reason why I am so grateful to my school's scheduling system and to my freshman science teacher.

I apologize if this seams sappy and also very choppy but it's what's in my brain...

No comments:

Post a Comment