Thursday, April 7, 2011

Things I Learned This Week

I am just starting to get over my dreadful illness which is awesome!!! So here are the things I learned about how to take care of myself while sick:

1. Cough drop of choice: Ricola Honey Lemon with Echinacea- I have had at least 2 packages of them in the past 5 days...they are delicious and definitely help soothe a soar throat.
2. I don't know if everyone goes through this but I go through phases where I want a lot of hot things and then I want a lot of cold things...like I drank tea for the first half of my illness but tea or anything hot sounds awful now...
3. Orange jell-o is my best friend
4. Chapstick totally makes me feel better...for some unexplainable reason as soon as I started putting Carmax on regularly I felt a tinsy bit better.
5. Buy Kleenex or tissues...do not depend on toilet paper for your sniffles.
6. If there is nothing good on TV, turn it off because you will probably fall asleep and dreams are way more interesting.
7. Do not fight the body aches, just feel sorry for yourself and be a bum on the couch.
8. Finally, I should have stayed home on Tuesday. Do not push recovery...I went back to school 3 days after I got the bug and 2 days before I was actually ready to go back, that was a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment